Magic Theater Arch

I found out about magic theater arch while we were researching the location of another arch in the same area.  I think technically it might actually be a natural bridge; but the information everywhere called it Magic Theater arch - so we'll follow suit.  
this hike is located off on Kane Creek drive, in Moab; the trail starting directly across from the entrance to the Amasa Back trail parking lot (not the Amasa trailhead). 

the beginning of the trail is easy to spot if you're standing AT the parking lot - porta potties to your back; it's the giant hill in front of you.  the trail is a well worn path leading up the side of the mountain.  Don't go too quickly through the pass; you might miss some of the rock art on the way.

the picture above is taken past the petroglyphs that I linked in the paragraph above; often referred to the 'kane creek false kiva' glyphs. 
after you reach the top of this hill - LOOK LEFT!
the petroglyphs below are all on the wall to your left and easy to miss .. so keep your eyes open!

many faces watch over you hiking through this canyon towards moab's famous 'tombstone' rock where people who have an affinity for jumping from up high towards their death hang out. 

the arch isn't the real moab fun of this hike .. it's the views along the way.
My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -