a Delicate arch sunrise

there are some phenomenal hikes that make all other hikes seem mediocre, at best.  the hikes that you just have to repeat a few times a year.  some hikes that make getting up at 4:30 in the morning seem like a 'normal' thing to do.   this is one of those hikes.
living so close to arches nat'l park is truly a blessing; but we still have to wake up before God, himself to beat the sun in the summer. 
Gary has a quick 'trail head' stretch @ 5am 
you can see the sunrise racing us in the distance ..
what a ridiculous view..
reason # 2,984 to take this hike..

without exception, every visit to Delicate arch we find there are a few ravens that hang out near the humans.  We eat near them, we talk to them, we photograph them; we basically love them.  
I thought the picture on top couldn't get much better until his girlfriend landed next to him; snuggling up.  mother nature for the win.
below : our breakfast.
most likely the real reason the ravens hang out .. 

and of course - shameless arch selfies
 .. if Gary can stop making me laugh.

taking a moment to breathe it all in, before heading back ..
we couldn't really see anything on the way to the arch because it was so dark
but on the way back the light did not disappoint.

My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -