Aztec Butte - upper granary

without a doubt, Aztec Butte is one of my favorites.   


it doesn't look like much from the picture .. 
but I promise there are awesome things waiting
after you make the steep climb to the top of this butte.

there's one house on the top .. but keep going.
alcoves along the rim house two puebloan ruins 

I assumed this was just a
suggestion and kept going 

the energy of this place is undeniable as you look over the canyon


oops -top left picture is from the 'grand viewpoint' hike - NOT aztec butte
My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -