Jewel Tibbetts Arch

the trail head for this arch is located about 10 miles down highway 313; aka the road to canyonlands national park.  the pull out is right before a cattle-guard with a tiny brown sign that leads to the very obvious trail head. 
  I almost didn't want to go on this hike because you can only view it across Hell Roaring canyon; unless you do a serious 4x4 trek down into the canyon.  I wanted to climb up inside an arch.  But it's winter and Nugget needs an adventure; so we checked it out. (glad we did) 
 Nugget couldn't have cared any less about finding an arch across the canyon.  He loved every inch of snow on this 2 mile hike.  It was mostly untouched; which is pretty neat considering the snow has been here almost 2 weeks!
the hike was easy; the trail wasn't hard to find and the arch was quite nice to look at. I mean .. for a hole in a rock.  😊  The snow added quite the nice contrast to the red rocks.  
I adored the trees below; I found them very 'groot'esque 
  
the sun was barely shining this day, so we were pretty lucky to see any light through the arch at all.  I liked the arch despite earlier hesitation.  we're going to see about renting a rzr and going to touch the arch on a day that's warmer than 36. 

My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -