Moab Maiden



we hiked kane creek to watch sunset with the ancestors on the winter solstice.  while up high above the rest of the world, we met a super cool couple there for the very same reason.  before we parted ways; they spoke of a specific awesome petroglyph nearby - called the Moab maiden.    
by any means; this isn't a 'popular' hike or a well-known petroglyph.  I won't tell anyone how exactly to get there; because the tiniest bit of effort goes a long way.  It's much more fun to do a little homework & find it on your own.  I promise.   Even with a little information shared with us; we still had to research it & get a little lost in order to find her.
we found a LOT of cool rocks & massive amounts of lichen on this trip.  I also found the best thing ever.  (above - bottom right)  I'm pretty sure those are dinosaur toe bean prints.  I totally hooted, hollered and screamed out loud when I found them. ๐Ÿ˜ 
once we reached the top of our climb; we found an ancient rock circle  (awesome) 
we looked & looked but we couldn't find her.  we asked Nugget & he was no help.  We had literally given up and begun our descent with defeat in our hearts.  until I suggested we eat our lunch and THEN go back to the car.  Gary turned around 3 seconds later and found her.  haha oh you silly maiden, hiding on a boulder .. 
and in her full glory .. the Moab Maiden.  When the guy talked about this petroglyph; he said she had boobs.   haha those are oddly placed .. or maybe they sat differently back then.  ๐Ÿ˜†
 
there are actually some subtle hints in this post; as to the location of the maiden.  a little attention to detail and some research will go a long way.  take only pictures and leave only foot prints. especially dinosaur foot prints.  ๐Ÿ˜
My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -