Gemini Bridges

Gemini Bridges road is a 32 mile 4x4 road, south of town that takes you to see some amazing natural bridges.  
 first, you have to get above town ..it's about a 3,000ft elevation gain
kayla was out of the car a few different times to 'spot' around corners
against our rules; we picked up the hitchhiker. 😅
this is known as 'goonie bird' rock along the way
the 'bridge' is 12-13 feet wide; but walking across is a little scary because you know how far down it is
that's one impressive hole and our tiny shadows.. lol
above is the view 'down' the canyon; while visiting the bridges.  
people do hike, bike and jeep in this canyon under where we are standing for this picture.  there were 2 morons on the bridges that day; please don't be like them.  resist the urge and do NOT throw rocks down to the bottom of this popular canyon.  I'm not one to idly stand-by so while I may have resisted for 2 or 3 throws I  ended up yelling at them.  by yelling, I mean hollering loud enough to make everyone turn to look, make them stop & embarrass them just a tiny bit ... 
where the guy is standing far in this picture; a guy drove his jeep off the ledge & died.
there's a plaque for him
My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -