Island in the Sky


Island in the Sky is inside Canyonlands National Park
the main attraction .. a massive hole in the ground.




I'll admit; for water erosion - it's pretty amazing looking.
but even on it's best day;
it's still just a magnificent looking hole in the ground.  
                        
  

we arrived shortly after sunrise and we basically had EVERY viewpoint to ourselves.
it was tough; but we managed. 😉

it's "this big!!"

 I deemed the tree below to be my favorite tree in the park .. 
despite what mother nature said : it decided to grow here
stubborn, small & a little antisocial ..
kinda like me.


so, I took my picture with it ..


Shafer trail .. one day, one day!!



My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -