hidden granary

Our original intention when we found out about this granary; was to come across the valley when we visited the Moab Maiden. Had we not gotten a little lost along the way to the maiden; we would have been able to do both in a quick afternoon.  However - as we do a lot; we got distracted and ended up on cliffs and ledges that weren't 'on the route ..'   
probably the coolest part about having to break up the 2 trips is that our fat little pug-weiner got to come along with us; because she would have never made it to both places.    (above picture, bottom left)  when you have four inch legs; your adventures are slow and a little limited. ๐Ÿ˜†
oh yea, the kids came along as well .. I guess that was cool, too.  ๐Ÿ˜…  we're pretty sure we saw a couple 'ancient pithouses' along the way, too. (above photo, top & bottom right)
you can actually see the trail from the Maiden to the area of the granary & petroglyphs from above.  (above picture, top)
the granary is first and of course along the cliff's edge;  because for some reason the best things are on sketchy hills, covered in scree falls and steep angles.  ๐Ÿ˜

after we left the granary, we stayed along the base of the cliff until we found a panel of petroglyphs over the Colorado river.  awesome bunch of moab fun with ones we love, today.  four legged and humans; alike.  ๐Ÿ˜†

(above)  she's standing on a cliff edge to get the petroglyph of the river that wrapped all the way around the corner.  super awesome. (left middle pic, bottom right)         I won't post publicly the exact location; but you can do research for the Maiden then figure it out from there.


My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -