Hovenweep monument - Pleasant view, Co

Hovenweep National monument is a 2 1/4  hr drive from Moab - worth every second. The energy here is undeniable.  Even in mid-October, when Moab was stuffed to the brim with tourists; this place was a ghost town.  *pun absolutely intended* 
there are 6 groups of ancestral Puebloan villages and you get to hike through a beautiful canyon to explore all of them
leaves were still changing color.. gorgeous
impressive structures every where you look

I deemed this my favorite 'candy corn' rock  ^😆
what an unbelievably gorgeous place to spend an afternoon ..

don't forget to check out Lowry Ruins if you are in this area.

My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -