Aztec Butte - lower granary

5th grade me : stupid history ..
grown up/parent me : you can never get too much history!

living in the southwest means a never ending supply of history
dinosaur prints - petroglyphs - pictographs -ruins - dwellings

there is NO SHORTAGE of amazing history
just one of 273,486 reasons we love Moab ..

Aztec Butte's parking lot is near Mesa arch -but it is NEVER as busy.


we took a left at this sign, today.
when reading this sign we thought the left side held the ONLY granaries on this hike

we were wrong ..
.. but that's another post 😉



after a quick, easy hike on flat grasslands; you ascend about 150 feet after hiking along a cliff's edge.
I know that sounds scary, but it isn't.  I promise, I'm a baby and did it without even thinking twice.

Very much worth it .. double promise.





My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -