False Kiva sunset - Canyonlands Nat'l Park

we decided at the last minute to go on this hike because it was a crazy week at work.  We needed something to let off a little steam; plus why let a sunset AND a full moon go to waste?
not to mention, it's one of our favorite hikes with some of the best views
we actually got here about 7 minutes before the official sunset time.  There were already 4 people there; one couple all the way from Germany filming a time lapse of sunset. they actually asked us all to steer clear of the kiva for at least 7 more minutes 😒.. 
For just a moment I was annoyed that someone would have the audacity to think other people didn't want to hike to the edge and watch the last minutes of sunset by the kiva.  But then I remembered that I live here, I've been here before & I can come again .. so I gave him 9 minutes & moved in to catch a minute or three of the glorious skies over the canyons  😏
we waited for everyone to leave, then we had the place to ourselves.  
the hike back was lit by the full moon (below) and scattered sounds of the ancients as they watched us hike our way out of the canyon.
My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -