Windows section sunrise

 
Windows section inside Arches Nat'l Park is a quick drive & walk to watch the sunrise or sunset.  
well, it's quick if you live here .. luckily I do  😉 

even in the middle of July, there were only a few people brave enough to come out before 5:30 am
inside the windows section North Window & South Window are 'connected' and kinda look like eyes watching you from inside the rocks .. across the path is Turret Arch, a long stretched out one that overlooks 'the eyes'  .. you can hike all around the area, but the basic trail is less than a mile.
I can't resist a good cairn in the sunrise shot ..
double arch is below, on the 'outer loop' of the windows loop.  it's 1/10th of a mile to walk TO the arch and if you're not too fearing of heights; it's cool to climb up inside

if you time it right, you can watch it rise right through turret arch

 approaching windows

My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -