Jeep Arch

I don't like to admit defeat. so, after a jeep arch failure - we took our next days off to actually make it to the arch.  This time, we only took one dog.  The dog that knows how to hike; leaving the pug-wiener home with the cats.
I found one of those 'kindness rocks' before we were even 5 minutes in; so I knew it was going to be an awesome hike. 
when I asked Gary about Jeep arch, he told me we'd walked by the sign. several times. dozens of times.  lol I couldn't remember until I took the picture above.   oops.  short term memory loss. 
anytime I get to see an arch, bring Nugget and climb on rocks - win. win. win.

I thought the rock formation in the top picture above was just a cool view along the trail. lol we didn't realize until we got our binoculars out, that we were going to have to climb between the rock and the tower.  (if you click the picture, you can see people headed down)
 there's a red rock staircase right up into the arch
 we had the place to ourselves the entire time we ate lunch and chilled
 pretty impressive arch - from afar and up close
this picture of Nugget was taken under false pretenses.  I was holding bacon, so he would look at me while I took a picture of him.  Don't worry - I gave him the bacon!!!
My photo
-danielle-
Moab, Utah, United States
I’m Danielle. I’m a mom, I’m 40. My legs are short and I’m out of shape lol but I like to go all the places and do all the things. haha I’m pretty enthusiastic about being out in nature. I live in Moab, Utah - USA, with my 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs and more cats than I am woman enough to admit in public. We love to be outside, hiking, exploring, chasing sunshine and doing the learning, when possible. My family is my entire world wrapped up in four awesome humans and way too many rescue fur babies .. these are our adventures.

- page views -